Hello from Microsoft
Holly S Peterson
Sr Technical Recruiter
International Recruiting Team
hollyp @ microsoft.com
If you have friends that may be interested please feel free to forward the posting below!
Soon Microsoft will be interviewing interested and qualified candidates from Belarus for software development positions here in the USA at our corporate headquarters working on our major products.
If you know of anyone that might be interested, or a bulletin board where it would be appropriate to post this, please forward this email. There are multiple positions open and candidates will be in competition with themselves, not each other.
What is a qualified candidate?
- Someone who has (or will be completing this year) a bachelor’s (four year or more) degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Someone that has very strong abilities to write code in C/C++
- Someone that is very driven and passionate about technology, desiring to make software products that will go all over the world
- Someone with fluent English speaking skills
The reason so many people from various disciplines come to Microsoft is because we provide the most exciting challenges in the industry. Since our inception in 1975, Microsoft’s mission has been to create software for the personal computer that empowers and enriches people in the workplace, at school and at home. Microsoft’s early vision of a computer on every desk and in every home is coupled today with a strong commitment to Internet -related technologies that expand the power and reach of the PC and its users. You can help shape the industry in nearly countless ways, all while gaining invaluable experience. Our casual environment lends itself to freer thinking and therefore, creative problem-solving. However, the coolest part of all is the diversity of jobs. You’re guaranteed not to be bored.
We invite you to join us as we move toward the .NET age, the next generation of our products. You could create a world of change in one of these pivotal, Redmond, Washington USA area positions.
Software Design Engineer (SDE):
Are you proficient in C and C++? Would you like developing algorithms and writing code to be the core part of your job? You're the keeper of the code. A big kahuna of product development, an SDE puts all their technical talents and creativity to the test by writing code, constructing data structures and algorithms as well as working closely with the Program Manager to define and prioritize product features.
Skill Set: C/C++; problem solving; creativity; passion for technology.
Responsibilities: Constructing data structures and algorithms; writing code; testing and debugging code; prioritizing feature list; varying degrees of Program Management activities
Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET):
Would you like to create the tools used to test software? Are you the person who always asks why? Or what if? You break it to build it. An SDET puts the product through its paces, walking in the user’s shoes. You’ll break the product down—including creating the tools such as automation, standalone programs, and device drivers, then working with Software Design Engineers to take the product smoothly to beta stage.
Skill Set: C/C++, VB; problem solving; methodical; likes to break problems down; customer focus; creativity.
Responsibilities: Evaluating User Assistance documentation; writing creative code to test the product; writing automation programs, standalone programs, and device drivers; reporting and prioritizing bugs; stress testing
If you are interested, please email your CV in English to russiacv @ microsoft.com
A CV is the only way to get to the next stage, the interview. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are updating your CV to send to Microsoft:
- Include your military status if your country mandates it. This will help us know if you are allowed to leave your country to work in the USA
- Clearly state your graduation date, degree/major and University you attended, or are attending
- Specify your technical skills (including programming languages and other development tools you are strong in), project details (both within university and at any jobs or internships you have held) and technologies you have used on those projects
- Describe YOUR ROLE in the projects that you worked on, and what did you achieve
- Provide an active email address, physical address and current phone number to best reach you
Holly S. Peterson - International Talent Scout - Microsoft Corporation - hollyp @ microsoft.com